IKEA Malm bed
Released January, 2005
The Pros:Very simple, contemporary design. Easy to assemble and disassemble. Affordable.
The Cons:Laminate can start to peel off. You can bang your shin on it, as the corner protrude. Slats may be needed if you have a boxspring.
An aesthetically pleasing, straight-line, classic Scandinavian design. The assembly is straightforward and instructions easy to read. It comes in several veneer color finishes and starts at a $99 for a single and $199 for King size.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Because of this low price and the broad appeal of IKEA, this bed is a very popular choice. Some owners have complained of knocking their shins on the frame because of it's low unorthodox profile.
- Made primarily from renewable and recyclable materials
- Dimensions: Length: 212 cm • Width: 209 cm • Footboard height: 30 cm • Headboard height: 77 cm • Mattress length: 202 cm • Mattress width: 193 cm
- Bed frame: Renewable raw material (wood). Veneer - not from intact natural forests.
- Slatted bed base: Renewable raw material (wood). Solid wood - not from intact natural forests.
- Bed frame: Fiberboard, Particleboard, Birch veneer, Clear acrylic lacquer, Birch veneer
- Bed base slats: 100 % polyester, Solid pine
- Midbeam: Galvanized steel
User Reviews (141)
very simple, contemporary design
easy to assemble and disassemble
two height options for the mattress to sit in
have it in birch. clean and simple design
Assembles well after two moves (just tighten all screws etc), sleek, tidy looking. I can't believe people don't think of getting the slats! Great ledge all the way around for phones, air con remotes
I've been sleeping on this thing for almost 3 years with no issues. Those that say the supports broke or bent most likely just didn't know how to assemble the product in the first place.
It's cheap, modern and easy to assemble.
laminate can start to peel off
You can bang your shin on it, as the corner protrude.
slats may be needed if you have a boxspring
the bed collapsed in less than a year, shitty wood
there's very little clearance between the mattress and the frame, so if you pick the lowest height for the platform it's hard to make the bed.
The worst bed on the planet if you are planning on having coitus. Recommended for the deceased and those in a coma.
headboard is a little low
You may also like...