Released February, 2009
The Pros:Smart LCD display tells you what foot to use for the selected stitch/Displays error if wrong selection is made. Automatic needle threading/Quick-Set bobbin. Strong feed dog system for heavier fabrics.
The Brother CE-5500PRW, or Project Runway Limited Edition is a lightweight computerized home sewing machine that is designed to handle a range of materials including thicker fabrics like denim and tweed thanks to its 6 point feed dog system.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
This is located underneath the material and engages each time the needle draws upward, grabbing and slightly shifting the material forward with each stitch. The machine features an LCD display screen on the front panel which lets you choose from 50 built-in stitches and 87 stitch functions, and will tell you which presser foot is needed for the selected stitch or if you have selected an incompatible stitch for the current foot. Similar to the CE-4000 which also has the 6 point feed dog system, it comes with the same 7 presser feet as outlined below in the features section. Other common features include automatic bobbin winding and Quick-Set drop-in bobbin, bright work area, automatic needle threading and adjustable thread tension system. The built-in storage compartment may also be removed so you can use the free arm to hem sleeves, cuffs etc.
- Built-In Decorative Stitches: Yes
- Built-In Buttonhole Styles: 5
- Built-In Stitch Functions: 87
- Quick Reference Stitch Guides
- Quilting and Heirloom Stitch Functions
- Stitch Width: Up to 7mm
- Utility Stitch Functions: Yes
- Stitch Length: Up to 5mm
- Accessory Storage: Yes
- Included Accessory Feet: Buttonhole, Overcasting, Monogramming, Zipper, Zigzag, Blind Stitch, Button Sewing
- In The Box: Seam ripper, Needle (3pcs), Twin needle, Ball-point needle, Softcase, Soft spool cap, Medium spool cap, Small spool cap, Cleaning brush, Screwdriver, Extra spool pin, Foot controller, Power cord, Manual
- Bobbin Winding System: Horizontal, Automatic
- Quick-Set bobbin
- Automatic Needle Threading System
- Adjustable thread tension for perfect stitches
- Variable needle positions
- Thread cutter button: Yes
- One needle included with twin needle
- Maximum Sewing Speed: 850
- Free Arm
- LCD Control Panel
- Presser foot attachment: Snap-on
- Superior Feed Dog System: 6-point
- Bright work Area
- Dimensions: 14.80" x 9.92" x 19.49"
- Weight: 10.58 lbs
User Reviews (1)
Smart LCD display tells you what foot to use for the selected stitch/Displays error if wrong selection is made
Automatic needle threading/Quick-Set bobbin
Strong feed dog system for heavier fabrics
You may also like...